BSNL has installed Quality Telecom Network in the country & now focusing on improving it, expanding the network, introducing new telecom services with ICT applications in villages & winning customer's confidence. Today, it has about 36.42 million line basic telephone capacity, 7.13 million WLL capacity, 95.96 million GSM capacity, 34,727 fixed exchanges, 1,17,090 GSM BTSs, 9,594 CDMA Towers, 102 Satellite Stations, 7,73,976 RKm. of OFC, 4751 RKm. of microwave network connecting 646 districts, 4519cities/towns & 6.25 lakhs villages .
BSNL is the only service provider, making focused efforts & planned initiatives to bridge
the rural-urban digital divide in ICT sector. In fact there is no telecom operator in the country
to beat its reach with its wide network giving services in every nook & corner of the country
& operates across India except New Delhi & Mumbai. Whether it is inaccessible areas of
Siachen glacier or North-Eastern regions of the country, BSNL serves its customers with a wide
bouquet of telecom services namely Wireline, CDMA mobile, GSM mobile, Internet, Broadband, Carrier
service, MPLS-VPN, VSAT, VoIP, IN Services, FTTH, etc.
BSNL is one of major service provider in its license area. The company offers wide ranging &
most transparent tariff schemes designed to suit every customer. BSNL has
94.36 million cellular & 1.02 million WLL customers as on 31.10.2016. 3G
Facility has been given to all 2G connections of BSNL. In basic services, BSNL is miles ahead of
its rivals, with
13.88 million wireline phone subscribers i.e. 56.96% share of the wireline
BSNL has set up a world class multi-gigabit, multi-protocol convergent IP infrastructure that
provides convergent services like voice, data & video through the same Backbone & Broadband
Access Network. At present there are
21.86 million broadband customers including both wireline & wireless
The company has vast experience in planning, installation, network integration & maintenance of switching & transmission networks & also has a world class ISO 9000 certified Telecom Training Institute.
During the 2015-16, turnover of BSNL is around Rs. 32,919 Crores.
- Be the leading telecom service provider in India with global presence.
- Create a customer focused organization with excellence in customer care, sales and marketing.
- Leverage technology to provide affordable and innovative telecom. Services/products across customer segments.
Be the leading telecom service provider in India with global presence.
- Becoming the most trusted, preferred and admired telecom brand
- Providing reliable telecom services that are value for money
- Generating value for all stakeholders – employees, shareholders, vendors & business associates
- Excellence in customer service -friendly, reliable, time bound, convenient and courteous service
- Offering differentiated products/services tailored to different service segments
- Developing a marketing and sales culture that is responsive to customer needs
- To explore International markets for Global presence
- Maximizing return on existing assets with sustained focus on profitability
- Changing policies and processes to enable transparent, quick and efficient decision making.
- To increasing sales revenue with focus on subscriber retention & acquisition by way of strengthening sales & marketing, quality of service and customer delivery
- Accelerate the pace of expansion of mobile & data services with up-gradation of technology
- Increasing BSNL visibility in urban, sub-urban and rural areas
- Developing sales and marketing team with attitude towards customer care
- To improve customer care by reducing fault rate, upgrading Customer service Centres (CSCs) and introducing convergent billing
- Providing a conducive work environment with strong focus on performance to enhance customer delight towards BSNL services
- Leverage data services to increase BSNL’s customer’s base & revenues by providing higher bandwidths capabilities for wire line and wireless broadband customers
- To strengthen company’s finances by gainful utilization of its assets through sharing / monetization of existing infrastructure like land, building and sharing of passive infrastructure like towers etc.
- Creating Wi-Fi Hot Spots and replacing Legacy wire line exchanges by Next Generation Network.
- Expanding the reach of fiber network near to the customer premises particularly in apartment complexes through FTTH in order to meet the ever increasing bandwidth requirement for both data & video applications
- To leverage the existing infrastructure of BSNL thereby contributing towards nation building by facilitating the execution of government programmes and initiatives viz. National Optical Fiber Network (NOFN), Network for Spectrum (NFS), and dwelling on Smart City concept
- To improve productivity by training and skill development and redeployment of legacy manpower
- Develop indigenous knowledge pool exposed to latest technological advancements in telecom area within BSNL licensee areas
- To look for the opportunity of possible expansion of BSNL footprint globally by exploring international telecom developing markets such as Africa