New Telephone Connection
BSNL offers telephone connections in the following main categories to it's subscribers:
Permanent connections are available in the following eight categories to suit different subscribers,
For details about the schemes click here.
Casual Connections :
Casual connections are provided to applicants for social/religious functions, marriages, exhibitions etc., for a period not exceeding 30 days.
Procedure For Registration
- The standard application form prescribed for new telephone connection can be obtained free of cost from any of the designated offices of the BSNL or the Customer Service Centers located anywhere in the country. Photocopies of these forms as well as downloaded copies FROM THE Internet are also accepted.
- he completed application along with the demand draft may be given by hand in the office of the GM/TDM/TDE/SDE for registration.
- The completed application form may also be sent by registered post along with demand draft for requisite amount towards registration fee drawn in the name of designated authority, in the office of GM/ TDM / TDE /SDE under whose jurisdiction the telephone connection is required.
- In areas where telephone is available 'on demand' the form for New Telephone Connection(NTC) may be deposited without demand draft. In such cases, after receipt of form for NTC, Demand Note for payment of applicable installation charges shall be issued. On receipt of payment against Demand Note, the OB for installation of telephone connection shall be issued immediately.
- A Bona-fide Verification for new connection/shift of telephone connection is done by the Department before a new telephone connection is sanctioned or an existing phone is shifted to a new address.