NON-OYT Category :
Applications are registered under NON-OYT , on payment of initial deposit of Rs 500/- or Rs 2,000/- depending upon the type (rural or urban) & capacity of the exchange system. The deposits carry an interest for the period from the date of payment to the date of installation of telephone at the rate payable by the State Bank of India on Fixed Deposit for one year. Under Non-OYT category there are five schemes indicated below:
4. NON - OYT S S Scheme :
The following types of applicants are eligible for registration under this category:-
- Foreign Missions & Embassies.
- U N Organizations.
- MPs, MLAs & Municipal Councilors.
- Distinguished Persons
- Retired employees of all Courts
- Retired Senior Officers of State and Central Government whose monthly basic pay is Rs 3,700/- and above as per pay scales before implementation of fifth pay commission Rs. 12,000/- w.e.f. 13.8.1998 for one year prior to retirement. In the case of DoT and Department of Posts officers the pay limit is Rs 3,000/- and above (old scale) and Rs.10,000/- w.e.f.13.8.1998 for one year prior to retirement (Retiring officers will not get SS Category if they have already one Telephone in same station).
- Presidents, Vice Presidents, Chairman of Standing Committee of Districts, Block and Gram Panchayats and Members of Jila Parishads.