Transfer Of Telephone
The charges or name transfer is Rs. 200/- per occasion.
Telephone Transfer can be done in the following situations:
Transfer of Telephones provided under any category is permissible in the following cases:
- On death of hirer, according to his/her will. In the absence of a will , transfer is permitted to widow/ widower , children / legal successors.
- When name of the subscriber is changed.
- Amalgamation /Take over of registered companies.
- Change in name of the Company from Private Limited to Limited and vice versa or otherwise.
- Employer to Employee of a Limited Company under certain circumstances.
- Proprietary concern becoming a Partnership Firm.
- Sole proprietor to proprietary concern and vice versa.
- From the name of a foreigner to the name of the institution where he has been working, after the foreigner leaves the country.
- Change in number of partners of a firm.
- Sale or dissolution of firm.
- Addition or acquirement in the case of partnership concerns.
- Close blood relations such as mother, father, sister, brother, husband, wife, son, daughter etc.
- Prior to transfer, telephone should have worked for at least one year.
- After each transfer, no further transfer to close relatives is permitted for next five years - except in the case of death.
- If the telephone was provided under special category, applicant will not be eligible for a similar priority for next five years.
- In all the above cases , Transfer Fee payable is Rs 100/-.
Transfer of Registration on All India Basis
Transfer of registration of telephones under Non-OYT, OYT & Special categories on All India Basis is permitted in metered exchange areas.
- The applicant has to apply on a plain paper giving the details of registration & category of the telephone.
- Processing charges will be collected when the transfer is requested from lower to higher registration fee areas. No processing charges are collected when the transfer is requested to the same registration fee area or from higher to lower registration fee areas.
- At the old station, the registration fee will be refunded without interest.
- At the new station ,the applicant has to deposit the registration fee applicable to the new station & non refundable processing charges.
- The Registration Transfer Certificate issued at the old station to be submitted to the new station along with application for registration on the prescribed application form within 30 days of the issue.
- Interest on registration amount at the time of release of connection at the new station will be calculated from the date of original registration.
Third Party Transfers
Following conditions are to be noted for third party transfer:
Third Party Transfer of telephones provided under NOYT-General , OYT ; NOYT- Special category:
- The transfer is permitted to any person; firm or company after the first bill has been paid without any restriction of lock in period.
- No transfer fee is liable to be charged.
- The security deposit, if any, shall be refunded to the transferer after deduction of outstanding dues
- For telephones provided under Non-OYT (G)/Non-OYT-Spl scheme, the transferee shall make payment of advance annual rental and bi-monthly rental as applicable to telephone provided under General Category. The transferee will, however, be liable to pay any outstanding dues even after the transfer of telephone to him.
- For telephones sanctioned under OYT scheme, the balance of the advance deposit calculated in accordance with para 201(h) of P&T Manual Volume XIV shall be refunded to the transferer after deduction of out-standing dues. The transferee will make payment of proportionate advance deposit for the remaining period under the scheme.
- In case of transfer of telephone provided under special category, the transferer shall not be given any new connection under Special Category for a period of two years from the date of transfer.
- Special category telephone, on third party transfer, will be converted to General category telephone.