BHARAT SANCHAR NIGAM LIMITED (BSNL) was incorporated on 15th september 2000 . It took over the business of providing of telecom services and network management from the erstwhile Central Government Departments of Telecom Services (DTS) and Telecom Operations (DTO), with effect from 1st October' 2000 on going concern basis. The company provides telecom services throughout the country excluding Delhi & Mumbai. BSNL is a 100% Govt. of India owned Public Sector Undertaking with an authorized share capital of Rs.17,500 crores and paid up capital of Rs.12,500 crores comprising of Rs.5,000 crores of Equity and Rs.7,500 crores of Preference shares capital. Its total income during FY 2019-20 was Rs.18,907crores.
BSNL provides complete bouquet of telecom services that includes:
- Land line services
- Mobile Services including 2G, 3G & 4G (in limited areas) services
- Internet ,Broadband , Fiber to the Home (FTTH) services
- Wi-Fi services
- Data Center services
- Enterprise Data services such as Leased circuits, MPLS VPN etc
- National and International Long Distance services
BSNL is one of major service provider in its license area. The company offers wide ranging & most transparent tariff schemes designed to suit every customer. BSNL telecom network is part of modern global network, providing access to countries around the world for transporting information in the form of voice, data and video. The company has vast experience in planning, installation, network integration & maintenance of switches & transmission networks & also has a world class ISO 9001 certified Telecom Training Institute.
The details of Services provided by BSNL as on 31.08.2020 as under:-
BSNL has been in the forefront of technology with 100% digital new technology switching network. BSNL has a customer base of 1267.21 Lakh subscribers.
Wire-line Services: The vast switching network for landlines comprises of 31,898
exchanges having a capacity of 254.04 Lakh lines serving 79.23 lakh customers.
GSM Mobile Services: BSNL has covered almost all the cities, and substantial length of National Highways, Rail Routes and State Highways. The Cellular services of BSNL are also providing incidental coverage to the rural areas falling en-route to National and important State Highways. GSM connections are working 1187.98 Lakh against equipped capacity 1165.14 lakhs .BSNL has 86,524 (2G BTSs), No. of Node-B (3G) 61,979 and No. of e- Node-B (4G) 8,271. The 3G facility has been rolled out in 6,254 cities/towns.
Broadband Services: BSNL had launched its Broadband services in January 2005 using ADSL2+ technology and had provided 70.70 lakh connections with the installed capacity of 100.18 lakhs broadband ports, BSNL have been covered with broadband services (665 DHQ out of 676), (6157 BHQ out of 6,494), (4,524 Cities out of 4,609) and (1,71,476 Villages out of 6,04,363).
BSNL is providing Wi-Fi broadband connections as on 31.08.2020, BSNL has 6.06 lakh
WiFi unique users.
In addition, BSNL is providing a host of Value Added Services (VAS) to its landline and mobile customers. VAS is normally a third party item and is provided on franchise model on revenue share basis. BSNL has modernized its network by incorporating state of the art technology and adopting customer friendly approach
- Be the leading telecom service provider in India with global presence.
- Create a customer focused organization with excellence in customer care, sales and marketing.
- Leverage technology to provide affordable and innovative telecom. Services/products across customer segments.
Be the leading telecom service provider in India with global presence.
- Becoming the most trusted, preferred and admired telecom brand.
- Providing reliable telecom services that are value for money.
- Generating value for all stakeholders – employees, shareholders, vendors & business associates.
- Excellence in customer service -friendly, reliable, time bound, convenient and courteous service.
- Offering differentiated products/services tailored to different service segments.
- Developing a marketing and sales culture that is responsive to customer needs.
- Maximizing return on existing assets with sustained focus on profitability.
- Increasing sales revenue with focus on subscriber retention & acquisition by way of strengthening sales & marketing, quality of service and customer delivery.
- Accelerate the pace of expansion of mobile & data services with up-gradation of technology.
- Adopt policies and processes to enable transparent , quick and efficient decision making.
- Developing marketing team with attitude towards customer care.
- Increasing BSNL visibility in urban, sub-urban and rural areas.
- Improve customer care by reducing fault rate, upgrading Customer service Centres (CSCs) and introducing convergent billing.
- Providing a conducive work environment with strong focus on performance to enhance customer delight towards BSNL services.
- Leverage data services to increase BSNL’s customer’s base & revenues by providing higher bandwidths capabilities for wire line and wireless broadband customers.
- Strengthen company’s finances by gainful utilization of its assets through sharing / monetization of existing infrastructure like land, building and sharing of passive infrastructure like towers etc.
- Creating Wi-Fi Hot Spots and replacing Legacy wire line exchanges by Next Generation Network.
- Expanding the reach of fiber network near to the customer premises particularly in apartment complexes through FTTH in order to meet the ever increasing bandwidth requirement for both data & video applications.
- Leverage the existing infrastructure of BSNL thereby contributing towards nation building by facilitating the execution of government programmes and initiatives viz. National Optical Fiber Network (NOFN), Network for Spectrum (NFS), and dwelling on Smart City concept.
- Improve productivity by training and skill development and redeployment of legacy manpower.
- Developing knowledge pool exposed to latest technological advancements.
- To explore opportunities in international telecom in developing markets.
- To become preferred service provider to the Government for reliable and secure service Network and to serve National security interests.