Shifting of Telephones
- Within the same exchange area
- From one exchange area to another exchange area in Multi-Exchange areas
- All India Shift
- At any time with in the same exchange area.
- If Telephone has worked at least for 18 months in respect of NON-OYT connections and 6 months in respect of OYT connections in the original exchange area or the date of registration for the connection to be shifted is prior to the release date of new lines of the specific category in the required exchange.
- Application for shift to be made in prescribed form
- For any type of transactions copy of registered deeds will be required.
- In the case of telephone obtained under special category, SSI application for shift will not be entertained, unless the SSI certificate contains the new Factory/ Office address.
- Subscriber who seek external shift of telephone from one place to another within the local area of a telephone shall himself carry telephone instrument / accessories in the new installation address.
Permissible if the telephone has worked for at least 18 months in respect of NON-OYT connection and 6 months in respect of OYT connection in the original exchange area or the date of registration for the connection to be shifted is prior to the release date of new lines of the specific category in the required exchange.
The charges for external shifting of landline is Rs. 300/- per shift.